Brekeke supports Apple Push Notification service (7/2015)
Brekeke News : July 14, 2015
Brekeke SIP Server & Brekeke PBX now support Apple Push Notification service
** HOW DOES IT WORK?
When Brekeke SIP Server or Brekeke PBX is alerted with a pre-specified event (for example, an incoming call or a new voicemail message), it sends a notification to any iOS device using the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). Users of Brekeke products can receive notifications by text message or as a badge to the application icon on their iOS devices.
Other benefits of using Brekeke products include:
* Able to set up Apple Push Notification with multiple SIP applications
* Supports iOS8 (able to notify to Apple Watch and max payload size up to 2,048 bytes)
** WHAT’S REQUIRED?
* Brekeke SIP Server or Brekeke PBX version 18.104.22.168 or later
* Product license with Push Notification option enabled
* iOS application that supports SIP and Push Notification
* SIP application with Apple Push Notification service SSL certificate
** WHO WILL BE USING THIS?
This feature will greatly benefit SIP service providers, such as hosted PBX service providers, who have clients that use SIP applications on their iOS devices.
Brekeke SIP Server v3.4
** TECH INFO
How to set up Push Notification