Capture Packets with Wireshark
To solve problems efficiently, Wireshark, free network analyzer, is a useful tool to monitor SIP and RTP packets.
1. Install Wireshark at the machine where Brekeke products running.
2. Click on “Options” icon on the toolbar,here is a list of toolbar icons
– choose [interface] and network adapter
the IP address used by Brekeke server will show
– select [Display Options]
it is better to check [update list of packets in real time] and [Hide capture info dialog] and uncheck the other one
3. Click on [start] button to captured the packets
4. Type “sip” at [Filter] field and press [enter] to show the SIP packets,
5. Click stop icon on the toolbar to stop capturing
6. Save packets as .pcap file
For more information about how to use Wireshark, please check Wireshark User Guide