Call Parking allows you to place a call on hold with a number that you assign, which anyone can then pick up from a different extension.
- If you are using a SIP phone that has a Call Park button, please consult your system administrator for instructions on how to use the Call Park
1. Parking a Call
- Dial #8 to put the call on hold.
- Input a park number followed by #. The system will confirm the park number by stating it out loud.
- Now the call is parked and ready to be resumed from any extension by dialing the park number that you just input.
2. Pick Up a Parked Call
There are several ways to pick up a parked call:
- By dialing the park number that was input when the call was put on park.
- By dialing ** from the extension where the call was parked.
- By dialing 8*<extension number> from any user extension.
- By dialing 8*<group number> from an extension in the ring group where the call was parked.
- When a [Call pickup group] is set for the extension that will pick up the parked call, dialing 8* (Star) allows that extension to pick up the parked call from any extension in the call pickup group.
- If the phone supports the Shared Call Appearance (SCA) feature, the call can also be parked by pressing the hold button on the SIP Phone, and can then be picked up by pressing the shared line keys from another phone that supports the SCA feature.
- If you are using a SIP phone that has a Call Park button, please consult your system administrator for instructions on how to use the Call Park feature.
3. Resuming a Parked Call
There are several ways to resume a parked call:
- If you put the call on hold by dialing #8, then pressing * will return you to the original call.
- If you forget the park number, you can retrieve the parked call (return to the state the call was in before you parked it) by dialing ** from the extension you used to park the call.
- You can retrieve a parked call by dialing 8*<extension> or 8*<group number> of the user extension where you parked the call.
- If the extension or the group number is set in the [Call Pickup group] field in your [User settings], you can pick up the parked call by dialing 8*.
For many SIP phones, you may need to press the Send button after dialing **.