Step 1. Setting Up an Email Sender
1. Go to [Email] > [Settings] page.
2. Set the mail account settings.
Here are example settings for using Gmail*.
|Encrypted Connection (SSL)||on|
|User||<Your Gmail address>|
|Password *1, *2||<Your Gmail password>|
|Email address||<Your Gmail address>|
*1. For using Gmail, enable “Less secure apps” and execute DisplayUnlockCaptcha in Gmail account.
*2. When using Gmail, after May 30, 2022, in order to improve the security of Google, it is necessary to set “App Password” in [Password]. Please refer to here for setting the App password.
3. Go to [Email] > [Settings] page for sending a test email.
4. Troubleshooting: If you can not send a test email, here is a checklist.
- Check the username and password.
- Check the SMTP and POP ports
- Check whether the host names of SMTP Server and POP Server can be resolved by DNS.
- Check whether a firewall is blocking email traffic.
- Check /etc/hosts (Linux) or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) has the server machine’s hostname as 127.0.0.1.
Step 2. Setting Up an Email Recipient
- Navigate to the [Voicemail settings] section on a user’s [Settings] page.
- Set [Email address*] to the recipient’s email address(es).
- Set [Email notification] to “on.”
- Set [Attach WAV file to Email] to “on” or “off,” depending on whether you want to attach voice messages to email.