Old version - SCA Settings on Brekeke PBX (~v3.5)
Setup on PBX side for SCA:
Note: This entry is for old version (v3.5 or older). If your Brekeke PBX is v3.6 or later, refer to here.
- Set up SCA phones and register phone shared line to Brekeke PBX bundled SIP Server
- Create a PBX user extension for each SCA phone from Brekeke PBX admintool > [Extensions] > [Users]
– A phone registered SCA line with SIP ID as “line-p360”
– Created a PBX user extension as 360
– At user extension “360” > [Phones] page [Phone ID] field,
set only p360 in [Phone ID] field without sca line prefix “line-“
- Create a ring group extension, such as 2000
At this ring group extension “2000” > [Group Extensions*] field,
set PBX user extensions created for each SCA phone in step 2, such as 360
- Create an ARS rule for SCA calls and check [LineKey] at ARS rule,
create Pattern-IN to direct incoming call to the ring group extension “2000” created in step 3.
create pattern-OUT to send outbound calls to destination IP
For how to create ARS rule, please check sample setup for ITSP
- In order to show shared line status with shared line keys on the phones,
Go to each SCA PBX user created in step 2, [Settings] > [Resource map], set
If your phone can have more than one line key for the shared line, you can monitor multiple ARS rules’ line status
set as below in [Resource map] field at user extension “360” [Settings] page
Repeat no.2 and no.5 procedures for other phones and add their extensions to the group extension on no.3, lines are shared with these phones.Example:The phone “extension :361, SIP ID :line-p361, Phone ID :p361” is set on no.2 and no.5. And add the extension”361” to the group extension “2000” on no.3. The lines/1-/4 are ready to be shared with phones which have extensions “360” and “361”
How many lines can be set in [Resource map] depends on the number of shared line keys set at phone side. Set different ARS rule name in [Resource map] field can monitor different ARS line status from phone shared line key and choose different ARS rules to make outbound calls by pressing related line key on the phone.
With above setting, there are 4 shared line keys set at phone side.
The first two line keys will show ARS named “Route1” line usage and status
The next two line keys will show ARS named “Route2” line usage and status
If the phone user places an outbound call from shared line key 1 or 2, the call will apply to ARS rule “Route1” patterns-OUT.
If the phone user places an outbound call from shared line key 3 or 4, the call will apply to ARSrule “Route2” patterns-OUT.
Here, “Route1” or “Route2” is the name shown in ARS [Route name] field from the [View] page by clicking [View] in column [Status(Reg/Route)] of a route.
* In Brekeke PBX v3.0 or earlier, the route name set in a user extension [Resource map] field is the name shown in [ARS] > [Running Status]page
If the [Resource] field is set up in the ARS rule used for SCA, the resource name can be set in user [Resource map] field without using Route name.
Multiple ARS rules can use the same name in [Resource] field.
Please refer to the example in Section 5.21 from Brekeke PBX Administrator Guide(Basic)