Queue settings at Call Hunting group
Brekeke PBX provides a call queue feature as a part of group extension’s functions.
How to setup
1. Go to [Extensions] > [Group]. And press “Create a new group” button.
2. Enter a new extension and select “Call Hunting” at the [Type] select box.
3. Move to [Options in the queue] section.
4. Enter “Transfer destinations*(0-9)” field like following an example.
In this example, if a caller presses DTMF “0“, a call is forwarded to ext.”100“.
likewise, if a caller presses “1“, a call is forwarded to ext.”200“.
5. Set audio files.
“Music on hold in the queue” : Set an audio file that will be played when a call is in queue. And while the audio file is played, caller can not input DTMF.
“Prompt for options“: Set an audio file that prompt a caller to enter DTMF. The audio will be played after the audio set at “Music on hold in the queue”. While the audio set at “Prompt for options” is playing, a caller can input DTMF.
* These two audio files are played and repeated until the total waiting time in a queue reaches a value set at “Waiting time in the queue (sec)” .