Sample Program produces an error when creating the form
If you are using Brekeke PBX v3.2 or later, please use Brekeke PAL Websocket instead of using Brekeke PAL.
The support for the Brekeke PAL will be discontinued in the future version of Brekeke PBX.
Sample Program is generating a COM Error
This is the recommended installation sequence for the PAL Sample program:
- Install the Brekeke PBX and verify that you have installed the Brekeke PBX properly by making calls between extensions.
- Be sure to create PBX Users for each phone extension that you want to control with PAL.
- Install PAL. Be sure to closely follow the installation instructions for PAL in the PAL Developers Guide.
- Before installing the sample program, be sure to add the PAL control to the Visual Studio toolbox. See Section 2.3 of the PAL Developers Guide.
- Before running the PAL Sample, be sure to configure security for webservices using the PBX Admin interface. See Section 2.2 of the PAL Developers Guide. If your PAL client will run on the same machine as the PBX, the IP address might be 127.0.0.1.
- Unzip the PAL Sample and move the resulting folder into the Visual Studios Project folder.
- Perform a test build of the PAL sample. If it builds without errors, you are almost ready to run it.
- Before you can run the PAL Sample program, be sure to change the PAL Sample’s config file. The PAL Sample’s config file is located in the /PAL-Sample/bin/Release or Debug subdirectory. The config file is just a text file. Details about the config file are in the readme file for PAL Sample.
- You can test whether the URL for webservice that you defined in the config file is correct by pasting the URL into a browser. You should get a success page, not a broken page.
- If you have checked out all the points above, the Sample Program should run.