Video calls with Brekeke PBX
Brekeke PBX v3.3 and later:
Brekeke PBX supports video calls.
The following steps show how to enable video for the phone assigned to a Brekeke PBX user extension.
- From Brekeke PBX Admintool > [Options] > [Phone Type] page, create a new phone type
- At new phone type setting page, set [Video] field on and set proper Audio codecs in [Codec Priority] field.
- Save the new phone type and restart Brekeke PBX from admintool.
- From a PBX user extension > [Phones] page, select the phone type created above at the [Type] field under the phone which needs to enable video for the call. And save the changes.
- Make a call from/to another PBX user with video phone type or from external user through ARS route with [Video] field set as “on“.
Video support can also enabled from ARS route and Brekeke PBX Admintool > [Options] > [Settings] page.
For the setup and difference among the video setting at different fields, please refer to wiki page “Restrict Codecs used for a call“.
Brekeke PBX v3.2 and earlier:
Brekeke PBX doesn’t support video calls but you can make a video call between clients with the following DialPlan rule to establish video calls through Brekeke PBX bundled SIP Server.
[Matching Patterns:] $request = ^INVITE To = sip:9(.+)@ [Deploy Patterns:] To = sip:%1@
If a caller dials a number with the prefix “9“, the call will be forwarded to a video client directly.
For example, if the video client’s number is “12345“, please dial “912345“.