Brekeke SIP Server Redundancy Setup
For the details about Brekeke SIP Sever, Advanced Edition, Mirroring, Heartbeat and AutoSync feature for redundancy, please check Brekeke SIP Server Administrator Guide Section 4.11.* and Section 10.
– The Redundancy features became more powerful and simplified on ver3.9.1. We strongly recommend to upgrade Brekeke SIP Server to ver3.9.1 or later.
– Root privilege is required by Brekeke Redundancy.
– We recommend RedHat, CentOS and Fedora for Linux server.
1. Install Brekeke SIP Server Advanced Edition on two Servers. One is primary server, the other is secondary server.
2. Prepare two network segments. One is for service (Network1 :172.16.0.0/16 ), the other is for controling servers (Network2 : 192.168.200.0/24).
Initial OS network settings in each server before redundancy setup:
Primary Server :
Service IP address(Network1): 172.16.0.10/16 *1 Default Gateway:172.16.0.1 IP address (Network2) 192.168.200.10/24
*1. If the service IP is not set here, Brekeke SIP Server will try to attach it when mirroring starts.
Secondary Server :
Service IP address (Network1): Not Set Default Gateway:172.16.0.1 IP address (Network2): 192.168.200.20/24
3. Configure the same settings in both of Primary Brekeke SIP Server and Secondary Brekeke SIP Server except redundancy.
Here are examples that you have to set up at begining.
- set router global IP at both Brekeke SIP Server admintool > [Configuration]>[System]>[network]->[Interface address]
- same third party database/radius settings
- same dial plan rules
- same alias accounts
- set [b2bua] off on both servers You can backup primary settings and restore it on secondary to let both servers’ settings identical.
Other check points before redundancy setup.
- Keep the same system time on both Brekeke servers so that mirroring can work properly
- If there is a firewall on primary server, please configure it to accept ICMP packets sent from the secondary server.
- At router which both Brekeke SIP Servers are behind, set port forwarding to the Service IP address for both SIP and RTP ports.
- The accounts under Brekeke SIP server admintool > [Aliases] will NOT be mirrored on secondary server. Please use shared third party Database or other solutions to synchronize user authentication accounts on both primary and secondary servers.
- If authentication for REGISTER and INVITE is ON, set the same realm name at both primary and secondary Brekeke SIP Server admintool > [configuration] > [SIP] > [Authentication] > [Realm(ex. domain name)]
- Set the Service IP address at UAs’ registrar or proxy setting or router global IP address if UAs are from WAN.