How to set up the email notifications at Brekeke SIP Server
Use the steps below to configure mail settings for sending notification emails such as system alerts and voice mails (if Brekeke PBX).
Set up the email account for sending emails
1. Go to [Email] > [Settings] page.
2. Set the mail account settings.
Here are example settings for using Gmail*.
|Encrypted Connection (SSL)||on|
|User||<Your Gmail address>|
|Password *1, *2||<Your Gmail password>|
|Email address||<Your Gmail address>|
*1. For using Gmail, enable “Less secure apps” and execute DisplayUnlockCaptcha in Gmail account.
*2. When using Gmail, after May 30, 2022, in order to improve the security of Google, it is necessary to set “App Password” in [Password]. Please refer to here for setting the App password.
3. Go to [Email] > [Settings] page for sending a test email.
4. Troubleshooting: If you can not send a test email, here is a checklist.
- Check the username and password.
- Check the SMTP and POP ports
- Check whether the host names of SMTP Server and POP Server can be resolved by DNS.
- Check whether a firewall is blocking email traffic.
- Check /etc/hosts (Linux) or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) has the server machine’s hostname as 127.0.0.1.
Set up notification email recipients
1. Go to [System Administrators] and click a User ID which you want to set a recipient email address.
2. Set the email address at [Email Address] field.