Installing Java SE
Oracle Java SE (Recommended for Windows and Linux platform)
Installing Java SE is required prior to installation of Brekeke products.
2. Download and install the appropriate version of JRE or JDK for the type of Windows OS you are running.
AdoptOpenJDK (Recommended for Windows platform)
Here, as an example, AdoptOpenJDK 11 is installed.
1. Go to the AdoptOpenJDK website (https://adoptopenjdk.net/)
2. Confirm that the download page for Windows x64 is shown.
3. Coose the version “OpenJDK 11 (LTS)“, and select a JVM “HotSpot“.
4. Click the download button.
5. After download the file “OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.x.x_xx.msi“, double click it to start installation.
OpenJDK (Recommended for Linux platform)
Here, as an example, OpenJDK 11 is installed.
1. Go to the OpenJDK web site (http://openjdk.java.net/install/)
2. Click the latest JDK’s link. (ex. http://jdk.java.net/11/)
3-1 For Linux
Click “Linux/x64 tar.gz” at the [Builds] section.
3-2 For Windows
Click “Windows/x64 zip” at the [Builds] section.
How to install OpenJDK on Windows
Because installer that automatically registers some java paths into the registry and the environmental variables is not provided, you need to configure them manually.
1. Extract the files from the downloaded zip file.
2. Move the extracted folder “jdk-11.x.x” to “c:\”
3. Open System settings > [Advanced] > [Environment Variables] page.
You can open it when you enter “environment variable” at the search console.
4. Select “Path” at [User variables] or [System variables]. Then click the edit button.
5. Add the new java path “C:\jdk-11.x.x\bin” to the environment variable “Path”.
6. Click “OK” button.