Registration fails for SIP clients from different LANs
Please read topic of registration failure from devices within the network. If your situation does not fit the described situation, there are two types of symptoms that you may encounter.
- SIP client is not displayed on the Brekeke SIP Server Registered screen.
- Please check that UDP Port Filtering is not enabled on the client-side router.
- The problem can happen by incorrectly set Port Forwarding.
- This problem could also be caused by the followings:
- Brekeke SIP Server has only local IP address, which means Near-End NAT Traversal can work incorrectly. The global address need to be set at the Interface address on the [Configuration] menu.
- The global IP address Brekeke SIP Server used is not set at the Interface address on the [Configuration] menu
- The router where Brekeke SIP Server resides does filter
- Client appears as REGISTERED on the Brekeke SIP Server Registered screen, but registration has failed on the client side. The following reasons are possible:
- The router on the client side is filtering out the port number that the client uses.
- If the client uses STUN, try setting STUN to OFF. Turning STUN off could solve the registration problem.
- When Brekeke SIP Server has only local IP address, Near-End NAT Traversal will not work properly. The global address needs to be set at the Interface address on the [Configuration] menu.
- Problems can also occur due to settings at the router’s side where Brekeke SIP Server resides.