4. Test Brekeke SIP Server redundancy
- Setup and start mirroring on both primary and secondary server
- Setup and start heartbeats on both primary and secondary server
- Register UAs to VIRTUAL IP address or router global IP address which Brekeke SIP server is behind
- Make a call and keep talking without disconnect
- Make failover happen by shut down primary server or unplug primary server ethernet cable or stop primary Brekeke SIP server from admintool
- From command line, check if the VIRTUAL IP has been added to secondary server PC
- Access Brekeke SIP Server from VIRTUAL IP address, at login page, the lincense ID shows secondary server license number.
- At Brekeke SIP server admintool > [SERVER STATUS] page, secondary server’s [mirroring-role] changes into primary
- The call is still connected, and there is session shown at [Active Sessions] page.
- If register more UAs to VIRTUAL IP or router global IP, the register request is sent to secondary server
- if primary server PC is still running, check if VIRTUAL_IP_ADDRESS has been deleted by Brekeke heartbeat on primary Brekeke SIP server.
- Make sure only secondary server PC has VIRTRUAL IP before starting up previous primary server PC or Brekeke SIP server or plugging in ethernet cable to previous primary server.
- After failover, previous secondary server can be used as primary server and set previous primary sever as new secondary server.
Was this helpful?