How to migrate a license without interruptions (offline activation)
When you have to move a license to a different machine, but you cannot interrupt the service you are running. This example will help you successfully migrate your system.
- Product ID (BR123123123)
- Server A (Current production server that runs the Brekeke product)
- Server B (New server that you wish to move the Brekeke product to)
- Activate the Product ID (BR123123123) at Server B
- You will receive a temporary license status at Server B
(See https://docs.brekeke.com/lic/you-are-using-a-temporary-license-days-until-expiration-x to learn about temporary license status)
- Prepare Server B for the migration within 5 days. In those 5 days, both Server A and Server B will run without any interruptions.
- Once you are ready to move the production service to Server B, request a transfer from Brekeke. Please note that we ask that you give us at least 24 hours to reset your license for the transfer.
(Instruction for the transfer request can be found here: “How to move your license“)
- To avoid any license issues, make sure to uninstall/delete the Brekeke file from Server A.