- Brekeke SIP Server Basic Info
- Update & Upgrade
- How to access to the Embedded Database
- How to check dropped packets on Linux
- How to get debug logs
- How to get jstack information
- Brekeke SIP Server License and Activation
- Starting up
- Registering problem
- Trouble with SIP UAs
- Trouble with Calling
- Thread resources may not be released when it is integrated with Responder5
- Version History
- Developer's Guide
5.7.1.Authentication Problem (401 Unauthorized)
If the UA cannot register to the Brekeke SIP Server (BSS) successfully, or get “401 Unauthorized” response, check the following configurations.
- Authentication username and password are the same on both BSS and UA side
Make sure you need to create a user in the [User Authentication] page.
- Auth for registration is set to “on” at the BSS
See the [Configuration]->[SIP] page -> [Authentication]-> [REGISTER].
If you don’t need to authenticate users, set it to “off”.
What is used as the realm value in Brekeke SIP Server ?
- The [Realm] field can be found and defined at BSS > [Configuration] > [SIP] > [Authentication]
- If [Realm] is set to blank, Brekeke SIP Server will use server PC’s host name
- If the hostname is not defined in the OS, Brekeke SIP Server will use its IP address.