Error "Cannot open database"
This could be caused by one of the following problems:
- Another Brekeke SIP Server is running on the same machine.
Please reinstall or stop another Brekeke SIP Server.
- TCP port 9001 (the port used by HSQL databases) is in use by another program.
Please terminate the program that is using TCP port 9001.
or set another port other than 9001 at sip server admintool > [Configuration] > [Database] page -> [Embedded Database] -> [Port Number] and restart SIP server.
- Brekeke SIP Server was installed in a folder that doesn’t have read/write permissions. (When installed without using the Windows installer program)
Please refer to the Brekeke SIP Server Administrator’s Guide, and re-install Brekeke SIP Server.
- The program can not open the database because it can’t secure enough memory or hard disk space to run the program.
Please check that you have enough free memory and hard drive space.
- The program can’t find “localhost”.
Please set “/etc/hosts” correctly.
For Linux, please edit “/etc/nsswitch.conf”.
- Open the file /etc/nsswitch.conf
- Find the line “hosts:”
- Edit the line as below.
hosts: files dns
- Reboot the Linux machine
- The database file might be broken.
- Go to <Brekeke SIP Server installation dir>\webapps\sip\WEB-INF\work\sv
- Delete the folder “db”
(If the file is in use, kill Brekeke SIP Server’s “java” processes.)
- Rename the folder “db_backup” to “db”
or copy folder “new” from <Brekeke SIP Server installation dir>\webapps\sip\WEB-INF\work\sv\develop\db to <Brekeke SIP Server installation dir>\webapps\sip\WEB-INF\work\sv\, and rename folder “new” as “db”
Troubles related to Third-Party Database:
If you receive the error message “Can not open a database” at the Brekeke SIP Server’s Admintool after you setup third-party database, the following issues may be causing the error:
– Database’s port number may conflict with another program
To resolve this issue, you need to either change the database’s port number, or close the program that is using the same port number.
– Database is not allowing Brekeke SIP Server’s requests
Change the database setting to accept Brekeke SIP Server’s requests.
– The configuration in the Brekeke SIP Server may be incorrect.
Please follow this document and check your settings.
If the problem still persists, you can usually see some detailed error message which is related to the database connection in the following log file.